The COVID-19 pandemic has brought about many changes to the way we work and live. Some of these will remain even after the virus has been managed and its harms minimised. These include changes to work arrangements, supply chains and business operations. We have found that good ERP helps businesses adapt to COVID-19 across a range of business functions:
- Digital supply chains: ERP systems can help your business manage remote operations, manage suppliers and even enable smart manufacturing processes.
- Digital operations: key business functions such as finance, procurement and human resources can, with a suitable ERP system, take advantage of automation and analytics to function remotely.
- Teleworking: flexible work arrangements will remain common, and ERP systems can facilitate remote and teams.
- Consumer trends: ERP systems can help manage the explosion of customer data being generated as transactions (consumer, commercial, government, legal and more) move online.
- Open ecosystems: businesses and their teams will continue collaborating online, making a modern and secure ERP system a must.
Cloud ERP is the key
The best – realistically, the only – way to manage these functions and capabilities to best effect is through an online ERP system. By providing secure online access to mission-critical business capabilities, they can allow organisations of all types and sizes to function online.
Typically, modern, cloud-based ERP deployments are set up to take full advantage of the data they gather and store. Analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence can all help reveal patterns in data and actionable business intelligence.
Automation can take care of routine tasks and follow-ups, ensuring that jobs or leads aren’t neglected or lost and that customers receive the care and attention they deserve.
With distributed teams and global supply chains, the ability to manage work and workers remotely is becoming mission-critical. A cloud ERP deployment provides your business the tools it needs to keep teams connected and collaborating, with access to the information and business processes required to do their jobs.
Partner management has always been important, but with social distancing, global supply chains, growing concerns about security and demands for ethical, sustainable sourcing, it’s not easy at the best of times.
Again, a cloud-based ERP system can assist. By consolidating customer, supplier, regulatory, sales and other data and making it securely available online, it gives your team members the ability to manage partners remotely and with confidence.
ERP: The Eagle360 difference
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is Eagle360’s preferred ERP solution. We believe it offers the industry’s best combination of features, reliability and integrations. Backed by Microsoft’s Azure cloud, it can handle:
- Inventory management
- Warehouse management
- Import solutions
- Point of sale
Our business to business web portal offering is an add-on for Business Central. It allows customers to transact seamlessly without human interaction and supports process automation from purchase to warehouse.
Meanwhile, our Shopify integration connects Shopify with Business Central, allowing for seamless and automated:
- Order synchronisation
- Website stock updates
- Payment integration
- Item synchronisation
- Delivery notification
- Returns and refunds
We have many more pre-built integrations for banking, retail and other functions. If you’re curious how ERP can help your business adapt to COVID, we’d love to answer your questions.