April 2019 sees the release of a significant update to Dynamics 365 Business Central. The enhancements cover improvements to the user interface and experience, new features, and changes to the platform itself.
The web interface has evolved further – with improvements to keyboard-centric scenarios. This allows for faster data-entry and processing, and analysis. There has also been features added to improve the customer context visibility, such as showing the contextual work date indicator.
Other changes of note are:
- Performance, reliability and scalability enhancements.
- Longer names and descriptions
- Use physical inventory orders to better structure physical inventory counting
- Select multiple items to add to a sales or purchase document
- Sales quote validity policy support
- Control item creation from lookups or documents
- Merge duplicate customers, vendors or contacts
- Bulk import item pictures
- Dynamically set shortcut dimension columns in lists, documents and journal lines.
- Look up SWIFT codes\
- Configure reports for warehouse documents
- Use more Role Center activity groups
- Reference external document numbers on posted sales documents.
- View item descriptions on item ledger entries
- Changes descriptions on G/L entries
- Email and resend remittance advice from the payment journal and vendor ledger entries.
- Show all G/L accounts on posting setup pages and in G/L account lookups.
Full details are provided by Microsoft here